Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: skeptic on JRSC??

  1. #1
    Inactive Member redline8k's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 9th, 2000
    Posts
    216
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    Today I talked to some guys at a local drag racing hangout. One of the guys runs a shop. He said that he never saw a GSR withe the 6psi kit pull any times under a 14.0. I said that Ive talked to lots of people who have done such a feat. He said that it would take a 8psi,water injection,js safeguard, MSD, and all the other goddies, to pull a low 13-13.4 pass. Is this true or is this guy just trying to sell me a turbo kit. I love the SC idea, but lots of people are skeptical about it. I hope to prove him wrong though. But I will need some help from you guys. You guys have all the answers.
    thanks
    nick

    ------------------
    95 GSR 4-DR w/minor bolt-on looking for boost!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 228GSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2000
    Posts
    303
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I did it on the 6psi kit on Nitto NT555R's. I was only able to pull 2.2 60'ft times though. I'm not that good of a driver.

    ------------------
    99' GSR 13.6 @ 103.4mph
    -JRSC w/ Walbro Fuel Pump, AEM Intake, Tanabe Racing Medallion Exhaust, Mugen Header, Ground Control Coilovers/ Koni Adjustable Shocks, and Wings West Body Kit

  3. #3
    Inactive Member BLWN GSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16th, 2000
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    same here...on street tires...450's....2.2 60 foot
    i have the slip and a video of it.....
    he doesn't know what he is talking about

    ------------------
    1996 GSR 4dr....13.81 on street tires with full interior and stereo,
    6psi JRSC
    Plate reads "BLWNGSR"
    Heres how I pay for all my goodies
    POWER

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 4 Devils's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 17th, 1999
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    no idea where you guys getting those mad times. but ive never seen a jrsc pull below a 14.0 in my area.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member lundgren's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 1999
    Posts
    1,436
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They are right, and wrong.

    Yes, most 6psi kits cannot get under 14. Not that it's never been done however, I know a few who have. But by the numbers, the stock kit on a stock car is about 14.2.

    But here's the key: The JRSC is NOT ideal for drag racing. To much torque off of the line, and to much drag on the motor at higher RPM's.

    If you want to make a drag car, go NOS or a turbo.

    If you want the less expensive, more streetable solution, get a JRSC.

    Now having said that, If I spend on a JRSC plus other goodies, that will price it at the level of a turbo kit, I should be getting under 14, everytime.

    ------------------
    http://www.netbsi-kc.com/integra/
    http://www.netbsi-kc.com/aa/
    http://www.groupbuycenter.com/

  6. #6
    1fstGSR
    Guest 1fstGSR's Avatar

    Post

    Heck it is not a big thing just learning to drive is the big deal! I pulled a 13.806 @ 102.83 MPH on Pirelli 700Z's on a 6psi kit.
    Ran 18 psi of tire pressure in front and 46 psi in the back and the car had been round tracked (lots of runs back to back) So yeah it is possible and with better tuning of the kit even high 12's should be possible on 8-10 psi. (Remember this kit is equivalent to a T3 turbo not a T04e or a hybrid T03/4 turbo. That would take a M90 blower to achieve those flow rates smile)
    later,
    Will

  7. #7
    Inactive Member redline8k's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 9th, 2000
    Posts
    216
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    BLWN GSR an you get me the vid of you at the track?? It would be nice to see it.
    So If I run with the basic kit and normal bolt-on then I should (with at least DR or slicks) be able to achive sub 14 passes? 13.8-13.4 would be the greatest.
    thanks again
    nick

    ------------------
    95 GSR 4-DR w/minor bolt-on looking for boost!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member CivicR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 8th, 1999
    Posts
    901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    An Integra GSR with a JRSC with a 6lb pulley should be able to hit 13.8 to 13.5 on street tires/drag radials.....and with supension, slicks, etc.....should be able to get 13.0 to 13.3...if you need proof I ran a 13.8 in my buddies car after only driving it twice...I wasnt even used to it...Im sure If I ran again a few more times I could have gotten a 13.5...and he has no suspension work at all!!...just Nitto 555R's drag radials....and the typical bolt-ons...header,intake,exhaust,clutch...I think its all the driver!!...practice, practice, practice!!!

    ------------------
    John
    Hey what you got in there??(In a redneck voice)
    Oh just a Intake, Header and Exhaust
    B18C1 powered Civic EX Coupe

  9. #9
    Inactive Member ImpulseRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2000
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Why not just get a turbo? You'll go faster than any blower car.. it may be a bit more expensive, but it's just as 'streetable' and much more powerful than any blower...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •